for foreign citizens has been working since 1992.
The preparatory branch for foreign citizens as the subdepartment of the International Relations Office was founded in 2000.
The goal of the training is to adjust the foreign citizen’s knowledge in accordance with the requirements to BMSTU students or post-graduates. Training term is 10 months (September, 1 - June,30), including examinations.
The training course at the Preparatory department includes the following disciplines: Russian, Physics, Mathematics, and Introduction to Speciality Terminology, Information Science, Chemistry, Engineering Drawing Principles, and Regional Geography. The number of disciplines and educational material depends on the training program.
Various programs are provided according to the following classification:
According to the Russian language level:
- for foreign citizens who have Russian language as native or the second native ;
- for the foreign citizens who don’t know Russian or do have only initial knowledge of Russian but have a native language from the Slavic language group;
- for the foreign citizens who don’t know Russian or do have only initial knowledge of Russian but have a native language which is not included to the Slavic language group;
According to the program of the further training at BMSTU:
- for Bachelor of Science or Diploma Specialist program;
- for Master of Science Program;
- for Postgraduate or Doctoral program;
- for internship.
Students of the Preparatory Department study in groups of not more than 10 persons. For the foreign citizens who don't have education, officially as the corresponding one to the Russian secondary (full) education, there is a possibility of assistance in training and obtaining theuments of secondary (full) education.